***OUR CHRISTMAS TREES are NOW READY FOR SALE***
THE CHRISTMAS SHEEP ......
Over the past few years our lovely flock of special Shropshire Sheep, a traditional native breed to the Staffordshire/Shropshire area (which have just been taken our of rare breed status) have been gently grazing in between the trees in our Christmas Tree Plantation at Troutsdale Farm.
This helps to keep down the grass in an environmentally friendly way.
The Shropshire sheep are one of the oldest breeds in the country and have a proven track record of being the most consistently reliable breed for grazing in conifer plantations, (or orchards) without damaging the trees!
UK & European Christmas tree growers now use Shropshires as a cost-effective and environmentally friendly method of weed control – they don't eat conifers BUT LOVE the grass AND we save the need for chemical sprays to keep the grass down as well.
Come and meet the flock – Evie and her family... let the children choose their own tree ....and we will cut it freshly for you.
Having chosen your own tree from our small planation we will then cut it fresh for you – of course having 'picked your own' you can then 'name it'!
We have a variety of shapes and sizes and prices.
Follow 'Evies Flock at Troutsdale' on Facebook ..... follow her flock through the seasons including:-
How to care for your tree
• After you have bought your tree it should be kept outside in a cool shaded place, preferably standing in water, until it is required indoors.
• Before bringing the tree indoors it is an advantage if about half an inch is cut off the butt in order to open up the pores of the tree – (much like fresh flowers) so that the 'tree can drink' which helps it to remain fresh.
• Mount it in a water-holding stand or wedge it in a bucket with pebbles, small stones or screwed up newspaper, but make sure it is secure.
• place it away from direct heat.
• Keep the container topped up with water every day; you will be surprised how much it needs – Christmas trees can drink up to a pint a day!
• This will help to keep the needles on the tree and remaining as fresh a possible.
ENJOY YOUR TREE!
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING A CHRISTMAS TREE FROM TROUTSDALE FARM
Leek ST13 8TJ
Tel 01538 300101
To make a reservation now, you can also use our online form.
Click below for LATEST NEWS & OFFERS from Troutsdale Farm and the Leek area.
AUTUMN BREAK OFFERS - Get together with family and friends in this lovely part of the Peak District ..... and explore....
Check our live availability calendar
MIDWEEK SAVE 20%:
Mon 23 Oct 2017:
- We can accommodate week breaks, weekend breaks and midweek breaks.
- There really is so much to see and do in this lovely area to keep all the family entertained - see our 'out and about' page
Various MIDWEEK BREAKS available - Not tied to school hols or working week? - Checkout our excellent midweek break rates (with 4 nights for the price of 3)
PRE CHRISTMAS BREAKS
Both Cottages available - sleeps 6/8 and 10 (total of 18).
Special Breaks throughout November & December .... ideal for family or friends get-together ... if you can't just manage it over the Christmas period - with our lovely large tables to all sit around.
Include a little bit Christmas Shopping in the Peak District! Buxton Spa Town, Leek's historic market town, Pottery bargins at Emma Bridgewater Factory,Chatsworth House Nativity, or medieval festivities at Haddon Hall, see Santa on a steam train ...... independent local shopping, farmers markets, festive events and fun ...... in the build up to Christmas in search of those special pressies..... combined with Peak District Walks, good local pubs and a cosy log fire to return to and wrap everything up! Make Shopping a pleasure in the Peaks this year .... make a weekend of it!
"We very much enjoyed our stay. The cottage is so very comfortable, with lovely views. The welcoming sponge cake was very much appreciated. This is our second stay and we will be back again next year"
"Lovely cottage, lovely area, lovely holiday! Thank you"
Find out what our guests say about us in our guestbook
CHECK OUT THE LOVELY LOCAL COUNTRYSIDE HERE IN THIS VIDEO... (can be enlarged once you start to play)
Harvesting Video at Troutsdale Farm ...